Succeeding in Social Media marketing involves lots of work, dedication,strategy and focus but I will mention a few of what you can do.
- Understand your audience needs – You need to understand the needs of your audience and what type of content is suitable. Because company X uses a particular method does not mean that same method will work for you. Bottom line; Know what is best for your audience.
- Get a content calendar and content strategy – Avoid just posting randomly or spamming. Be organized and get a content calendar pre-planned. make sure your content relate to the product, services or item you want to market or brand.
- Remember all the social media channels have different algorithm and also understand how content works for each. Don’t use the same type of content you created for LinkedIn on Twitter, Don’t create content for instagram and use same on Facebook. All these channels have specific types of contents that perform very well so learn what works for each content.
- Analytics is very important – One sure way to know what is working and what is not working is to understand trends. Do make sure you properly analyze your activities to know what is working.
- Hashtags – The emergence of hashtags has made it easy to aggregate content and to find information using hashtags. It would be great if you can identify trending hashtags in your line of business so that you can align your content with these.
- Above all, keep on learning. The social media world is a dynamic world and what works today might not be very relevant in 60 days. Yes it is as fast as that so continue to reinvent the way you work and learn new ways of doing things.